[tei-council] FTF agenda item request: discuss "Questions for Candidates"

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Wed Sep 19 10:36:03 EDT 2012

Council folk,

Last year, for the first time, we asked candidates for TEI Council and Board
election to submit responses to a set of prepared questions:

http://www.tei-c.org/Membership/Meetings/2011/mm54.xml#body.1_div.4

That was largely in response to the fact that controversies over Board decisions
had made it seem more critical for candidates to identify where they stood on
key issues. Do we want to continue the practice (in addition to asking for a
short autobiography and personal statement)?

Could you find a few minutes during the Oxford meeting to decide whether (1)
Council would like to see prepared questions again this year, and (2) if so,
agree on a procedure to supply a list of questions to the Nominating Committee
(nominations at tei-c.org) by the 24th if possible?

David

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA