[tei-council] tcw20.xml (Editing the TEI Guidelines)

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Sep 7 11:30:04 EDT 2012

On 12-09-07 06:13 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 7 Sep 2012, at 13:46, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca>
>   wrote:

>> We'd have to change the schema the file conforms to as well. Could be tei_all, or we could create a more constrained schema for TCW purposes.
>>

> does the site validate the file at all? I'd be surprised if it did

I can't figure that out from the error that comes up when you try to
view the page. Below is what you get. It looks to me as though it's the
XSLT transformation that throws up the problem. The odd thing is that if
a template doesn't exist for <egXML> etc., I would expect the default
behaviour -- spit out the text -- but it actually fails instead.

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException:
javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.AssertionError: Unknown value
representation
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:846)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:779)
	at
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.offline.system.modules.org_tei_www.templates.transformer_jsp._jspService(transformer_jsp.java:101)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:393)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)