[tei-council] experimental modules?

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 5 05:13:53 EDT 2012

On 05/09/12 09:46, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> If we can and should produce documentation of the other customzations, I
>> would be happy to add them to the site.
>>
> what do folks think? I explicitly made Tite and Lite generate docs, as they are

Does the process of freezing of Lite and Tite affect this at all?

> I would remove Speech, Drama, MS, Corpus, Dictionaries
> from http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/Customization/
> for reasons given earlier. they are too trivial, IMHO
>
> but then again, I don't feel that strongly. tell me if they should be restored
> to Roma interface

They were originally supplied as simple example customisations
but admittedly are really just a selection of modules which isn't
really a hard stumbling block.

What I do wonder is whether we should be providing templates for
community-created customisations in Roma that are reasonably
mature, well-supported, etc. with the prime example here being
EpiDoc? Is this something communities like that would like?
Obviously they would need to meet some basic standards (e.g.
'mature', 'works', 'support to update before releases', etc.)

-James

Dr James Cummings, researchsupport at it.ox.ac.uk
Research Support, IT Services, University of Oxford