[tei-council] Options for freezing and/or archiving Lite

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Aug 12 15:13:10 EDT 2012

On 12/08/12 17:43, Lou Burnard wrote:
> On 10/08/12 00:30, Martin Holmes wrote:
> ons as I see them:
>>
>> 1. Full archiving (no more development, no more building, no more
>> changes, no more testing):
> I can live with that option, so long as Lite remains accessible. One of
> the minor concerns I have is that the term "vault" does rather suggest
> (and does currently contain) stuff which no-one needs access to in a hurry.

I don't think this really is the case. The current release of P5
is in the Vault and there is just an apache rewrite making it
look like it is elsewhere on the site.  I think the same could be
done with our frozen version of Lite.  It could remain at the
same URL, just be stored in the Vault and removed from the build
process.

> I think we did agree that Lite will be hard-linked to the P5 version
> current at its time of freezing. This would be my preferred option.

Mine as well.

>> Does anyone see other possible scenarios?
> Well, I suppose we could just throw it away...

I don't think that would be popular. ;-)

-James

Dr James Cummings, researchsupport at it.ox.ac.uk
Research Support, IT Services, University of Oxford