[tei-council] My role on the council

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 7 06:42:00 EDT 2012

On 07/08/12 11:28, Gabriel BODARD wrote:
> My bad. I assumed that was an uncontroversial suggestion (I was more
> worried about whether the idea of appointing someone ad hoc might be
> seen as unconstitutional). But I'll refrain from suggesting names here.
> (In any case, my erstwhile nominee would probably not thank me for the
> suggestion! ;-) )

There is precedent for that.

I am of the opinion that re-election or proposal of someone to
fill Stuart's place with a short time left on the term is not a
good use of time. The Council has always had the ability to
invite others to its meetings, especially to speak to particular
matters up for discussion. We could of course do this in
September if people feel it useful. (If you do, feel free to
email me offlist and i'll report at the teleconference this
Thursday.

  The TEI Council teleconference is this Thursday from 8pm BST.
Please add things to the agenda at:

http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Council#Teleconference_-_2012-08-09_20:00_BST

And just a reminder to double-check your diaries and make sure
you've blocked out the time! The TEI Council meeting is 19 - 21
September in Oxford. Please let me know _now_ if you aren't going
to be able to make it to either of these meetings.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Research Support, IT Services, University of Oxford