[tei-council] My role on the council

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 7 05:57:08 EDT 2012

Hi Stuart,

I am of course sad to hear this, I hope everything is well. Thank
you for your work on the council.

I believe Stuart's term was until the end of this year. (So
coming up for re-election at the members' meeting in November.)
The bylaws seem vague on what we should do. Should we hold a
special election to replace him, appoint a successor (from
previous candidates), or just leave the spot vacant until
November?  Of all of these, I'm probably in favour of the last
one since it is the least complicated.

Thoughts?

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Research Support, IT Services, University of Oxford