[tei-council] Third-person vs. First-person in the Guidelines

Piotr Banski bansp at o2.pl
Mon Aug 6 10:53:25 EDT 2012

Hi Becky,

Firstly, I would have nothing against if all four examples that you cite
were expressed in the passive, maybe sometimes just by the participle
(", called a module,") rather that copula+participle.

Secondly, I would still rather choose the third option that you mention,
i.e., clarity, maybe even without mentioning "particular voice". Our
contributor base is rather varied, and imposing on them a stiff
stylistic/grammatical constraint beyond clarity could lead to
difficulties in both encoding and decoding, so to say. Let's keep it
simple at the stage of creation/contribution, and possibly smooth it out
later, if really necessary.

Best,

   Piotr