[tei-council] Lite and/or _Lite?

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 25 17:10:47 EDT 2012

I'm finally getting round to the action placed on me at last Council
meeting concerning the ever popular "TEI Lite" document, and would
appreciate confirmation that I'm about to do the right thing.

There are still two versions of this ODD in the svn repository under
Exemplars: one (called tei_lite.odd) is defined by inclusion; the other
(called teilite.odd) is defined by exclusion.

I'm pretty sure we agreed that we would henceforth maintain this
document only in the "inclusion" form, if only so that we don't have to
keep fixing it every time some new element is added to the Guidelines
(which happens surprisingly often). But I'd like confirmation on that
before zapping teilite.odd or moving it to the "Deprecated-old-junk"
folder. Another possibility would of course be to maintain the two of
them (possibly with some slightly less obscure naming difference) but I
am hoping we don't want to do that.

Needless to say, the two versions have diverged slightly, with some
recent minor updates being made independently by different people to the
two files, or to  only one of them: I will in any case sort that out.