[tei-council] TEI Newsfeed

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 07:59:16 EDT 2012

Hi all,

As you know SourceForge are terminating support for 'hosted
apps'. This means they were going to shut down the wordpress blog
that we use to power our newsfeed on TEI-C. Simultaneously many
of us have had problems accessing the wordpress blog on
SourceForge, so couldn't get a proper wordpress 'export' of the
site.

I could, however, get a database dump of the wordpress database
from SourceForge. I set up wordpress on my own machine
temporarily, then imported this database, then manually edited it
to create a real admin account (SourceForge always did this with
a bit of indirection) and modify some necessary URLs. Once I
could get into the local wordpress as an admin I exported the
wordpress posts/categories/etc as a wordpress xml file. I then
reimported these into
http://textencodinginitiative.wordpress.com/ as a new location.

I've modified the shell script and XSLT in SVN under
TEIC/newsfeed/ and updated those up on the tei-c.org machine. I
put in a test post about the newsfeed move, and it all seems to
be working.

However, there are bound to be some problems, especially with
legacy URLs inside posts, etc.  If you happen across any please
do let me know.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,