[tei-council] TITE again

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 19 05:09:04 EDT 2012

On 18 Jul 2012, at 16:38, Rebecca Welzenbach wrote:

> Rather than incorporating these convenience elements into P5, what if we instead explicitly acknowledge that people might use any number of shortcuts for efficiency in their own projects, and offer some basic support for transforming such texts to P5?

That is what we've been doing for ages with Tite (since it was launched, in fact), but no-one ever seems to notice.
The transform mechanisms are built into Tite, and tite to TEI is delivered via the generic stylesheets.

I despair of anyone ever grokking this use of the <equiv> element.
Head of Information and Support Group
Oxford University Computing Services