[tei-council] http://purl.org/tei/fr/3519866 (@rend datatype)

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 13:13:50 EDT 2012

This makes a lot of sense to me. (I mean, I'm still in favour of the
"What's wrong with @rendition if you're a CSS-head" approach, but that's
less Solomonic as it doesn't seem to please anyone.)

I certainly think if we're allowing CSS somewhere, we should make some
attempt to validate that css (or at least make sure someone isn't
putting RTF style instructions in there, vel sim.).

And I'm not a big fan of the token|free|css choice in the header,
because are we *sure* that everyone is always going to want to treat
@rend the same way on *all* elements? (I can imagine using @rend, @style
and even @rendition concurrently in different contexts in one teiCorpus.)

--
Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Research Associate in Digital Epigraphy)

Department of Digital Humanities
King's College London
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL