[tei-council] Sourceforge retiring Hosted Apps

James Cummings james.cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 3 13:48:55 EDT 2012

We have the atom feed so all is backed up. Don't know how to import that into wordpress.com

Jamesc We
--
James Cummings, InfoDev, OUCS, University of Oxford (from phone)

David Sewell <dsewell at virginia.edu> wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jul 2012, Martin Holmes wrote:

> What volunteers are these? I didn't know anyone except Council did this
> stuff.
>
> Incidentally, judging by the home page, that stage in the release
> process got missed out:
>
> <http://www.tei-c.org/index.xml>
>
> I don't see any news of release 2.1 there. And WordPress on SF seems to
> be down at the moment, as well.

That is effect and cause, I believe.

I have wanted to post news items a couple of times in the recent past but
couldn't get into the Sourceforge WordPress instance. I don't blame SF for
phasing out their hosted apps but it is a nuisance to have them not working at
all prior to the ability to back up contents.

> Cheers,
> Martin
>
> On 12-07-03 09:12 AM, James Cummings wrote:
>> Yes... but adds another barrier for our volunteers.
>>
>> Jamesc
>> --
>> James Cummings, InfoDev, OUCS, University of Oxford (from phone)
>>
>> Gabriel Bodard <gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
>>

>> There must be a TEI-to-RSS stylesheet somewhere, mustn't there? (Or if
>> there isn't there should be...)
>>
>> On 2012-07-03 16:59, Martin Holmes wrote:
>>> If all we're doing with WordPress is creating a newsfeed, couldn't we
>>> just create an RSS document which we update manually? RSS isn't that
>>> complicated.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Martin

>> --
>> Dr Gabriel BODARD
>> (Research Associate in Digital Epigraphy)
>>
>> Department of Digital Humanities
>> King's College London
>> 26-29 Drury Lane
>> London WC2B 5RL
>>
>> Email: gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
>> Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 1388
>> Fax: +44 (0)20 7848 2980
>>
>> http://www.digitalclassicist.org/
>> http://www.currentepigraphy.org/
>>

>> --
>>
>> PLEASE NOTE: postings to this list are publicly archived

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA