[tei-council] Extended language subtags must begin with the letter "s".???

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Jun 28 14:50:51 EDT 2012

I'm throwing this out again to everyone, since I got no response last
time. Does anyone know where this idea came from? I've been looking at
some of the P5 files on CBETA, which I think is Chris's largest project,
and I don't find anything more complex than "en", "zh, "pi" and "sa".

Unless anyone can come up with any source for this, I'm going to
conclude that it's flat-out wrong, and remove it. I'll have to replace
the two examples which use it, as well: