[tei-council] Strange validation problem with ODD file

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Jun 25 14:10:05 EDT 2012

The only difference between the schemas is that the Oxygen one allows
<idno> in model.personPart, because it was generated a day later. So
that's not the source of the problem. I think it must indicate, as Lou
suggests, that Oxygen now defaults to validating a TEI file which is not
explicitly linked to a schema using something other than tei_all; but I
don't know what it does use. I'm pretty sure it used to use tei_all.

Of course I should be validating my ODD files using tei_allPlus anyway,
otherwise I get errors for all the RNG elements.

Do we care that the oxygen-tei package has a very slightly different
schema from the official 2.1.0 release (allowing <idno> in
model.personPart)?

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)