[tei-council] @facs on graphic

Gabriel BODARD gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 17:40:12 EDT 2012

::shrug:: We do have a mandate to start thinking about P6 though.
(Against my objections, in fact.) So anything that does need revisiting
can be listed under that heading to be fixed in the future.

On 20/06/2012 22:37, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 20 Jun 2012, at 22:32, Gabriel BODARD wrote:
>

>> What I was suggesting (to a resounding chorus of no support, I suspect)
>> was repairing the situation where @facs can point directly to an image
>> file rather than to a zone/surface which *represents* (and may also
>> describe and/or provide 1+ images of) the part of the document bearing
>> this attribute.
>
> + 1 from me, to be sure.  just encouraging sloppy working, IMHO.
>
> On the other hand, thats we what we decided to do, and we dont
> really have a mandate at present to revisit old decisions.
> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Head of Information and Support Group
> Oxford University Computing Services

Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Research Associate in Digital Epigraphy)

Department of Digital Humanities
King's College London
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL