[tei-council] @min and @max

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 05:40:05 EDT 2012

On 20 Jun 2012, at 10:35, Lou Burnard wrote:

> Maybe I am missing something, but this example seems Broken As Designed
> to me. It seems to be changing <l> so that it can appear some number of
> times within <l>, presumably to test the @min and @max attributes. But
> <l> cannot appear within <l> and this doesn't happen inside the test
> file anyway.

i think you are misunderstanding @min and @max, Lou. They say, for the current
element, how it should be modelled in the relevant model class.

"max	supplies the maximum number of times the element can occur in elements which use this model class in their content model"

Head of Information and Support Group
Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente