[tei-council] Next Release Technician?

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 18 14:09:23 EDT 2012

Hi there,

This is a call for a volunteer to be the release technician for
the next significant release.  Assuming there are no major bugs
found in the current release that mean a quick maintenance
release is needed, I propose that the next release be in mid-late
October.

This is close to two important dates:

1) The November TEI Conference and Members' Meeting which
traditionally has seen a release shortly before.

2) The cessation of guaranteed support for TEI P4. (5 years since
the release of TEI P5 1.0.0)

In order to improve the release process even more, is there
someone *who has not made a release already* who would like to be
the release technician for this upcoming release? You'll have to
be able to set aside a day to do this (in case there are minor
hiccups), and we'll have to get you comfortable with the steps in
tcw22.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,