[tei-council] @versionDate

Gabriel BODARD gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Wed May 23 13:23:53 EDT 2012

On 23/05/2012 17:51, Martin Holmes wrote:
> Like Paul's, my memory clouded over. But the description does need some
> clarification, if only for the sake of idiots like me. How about this:
>
> "the date on which the source text was extracted and sent to the translator"

What about something like, "the date of the version of the source text
on which this translation is based"?

A bit more vague about the actual workflow involved, since as Kevin
points out, this attribute may be used outside of the specific TEI
use-case; but also more accurate--no?--as presumably it depends on
something more fixed than just when someone got around to emailing the
translators...?

--
Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Research Associate in Digital Epigraphy)

Department of Digital Humanities
King's College London
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL