[tei-council] Update on the activities of the TEI Pointer working group

Gabriel BODARD gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Thu May 10 10:27:07 EDT 2012

Dear Councillors,

Here is the feedback I was tasked to report at the last F2F:

The TEI Pointer/Stand-off mark up working group will eventually propose
to TEI Council that the specifications of the various Pointer/XPointer
methods in the guidelines be improved, both (a) by the addition of
concrete examples of the use of TEI Pointer and other schemes, and some
guidance as to which are appropriate in different contexts (and indeed
in combination), and (b) by technical description, including examples,
of precisely what an implementation of the TEI Pointer schemes is
expected to do.

To this end we are building (very much ongoing) a page of examples of
usage in the TEI Wiki
(http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Stand-off_use_cases), including
examples of XML, the Pointers one might use to address them, the use one
might make of these Pointers downstream, and a technical description of
the output from any such uses. Anyone from Council who might like to
contribute to this page is encouraged to do so.

Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Research Associate in Digital Epigraphy)

Department of Digital Humanities
King's College London
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL