[tei-council] Usefulness of http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0/

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 2 12:35:11 EDT 2012

Hiya,

I'd agree with Stuart's suggestion but personally would not
mention DTDs at all.

Also I'd point to http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/P5/ as where
the P5 Guidelines are (rather than assume they want the English
version).

So I might suggest the following modification:

"The full text of the current TEI P5 Guidelines is freely
available online at:
[http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/P5/].
and a full RelaxNG schema for the TEI is available at:
[http://www.tei-c.org/release/xml/tei/custom/schema/relaxng/tei_all.rng].
Historical versions of the TEI's recommendations and other
materials are accessible in the Vault at:
[http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/]"

Does that sound better?  Of course there is no requirement for
anything dereferenceable to be at that URL because namespaces are
not URIs, just take the form of them... but that pendantry aside
since we *do* have a page there making a change like this seems
reasonable to me.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,