[tei-council] content model for <attDef>

Piotr Bański bansp at o2.pl
Sun Apr 29 04:47:21 EDT 2012

On 28/04/12 20:41, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
[...]
> What do folks think of adding a constraint that, unless its in @mode='change', you must
> either supply a closed valList or a datatype?

Makes some sense to me.

Do I see correctly that, for a closed valList, there is no way to
*enforce* the specification of a datatype (of the list or of the
particular items)? (Not a huge problem, I guess, but I'm just wondering.)

Hmm, I guess part of my question is: is there a chance that by "either
... or ... " above, you mean "... or ..."?

I guess further that I'd be most happy with an obligatory datatype, but
that would probably break quite a few ODDs, wouldn't it?

  Piotr