[tei-council] removing and renaming XML files

Piotr Bański bansp at o2.pl
Wed Apr 25 13:53:55 EDT 2012

Hi Stuart,

On 25/04/12 19:41, stuart yeates wrote:
> On 26/04/12 03:45, Piotr Bański wrote:
>
>  > ... but
>> the question is, who does it potentially mislead?
>
> It also misleads every person we try and recruit to do technical work on
> the TEI, increasing the barrier to entry.

I agree with the principle, but disagree with the detail. I think that
if someone is able to stumble on the difference between
"DI-PrintDictionaries" and "DI-Dictionaries" and run away as a result,
then, well, maybe we should be glad the difference is there. ;-)

Let me stress: I'm lukewarm wrt this issue overall, the above is just my
reaction to the "increasing the barrier" argument, which is true for
some cases, but not so obvious to me in this one.

Best,

  P.