[tei-council] Prefacing ids with "tei_"

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 23 18:18:04 EDT 2012

On 23 Apr 2012, at 19:48, Martin Holmes wrote:

> 1. Generated ids. There are some places in which ids in the output are
> generated using the XPath generate-id() function:
>
> 	<xsl:call-template name="makeAnchor">
>             <xsl:with-param name="name">
>               <xsl:value-of select="generate-id()"/>
>             </xsl:with-param>
>           </xsl:call-template>

in practice generate-id() creates a single letter followed by a number,
so I think you could leave them alone. If Adblock looks
for "MSAD" in the _middle_ of a string, then it will be triggered by
"tei_MSAD", after all!

> 2. @n attributes. There's one place where the @n attribute can be used
> to create an id attribute in the output (in textstructure.xsl, code
> below)
this looks like a step too far. I have removed that <when> clause.

the HTML @id is already prefixed by "App", so no need to change it.

Sebastian