[tei-council] removing and renaming XML files

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 20 13:41:21 EDT 2012

On 20/04/12 14:14, Piotr Bański wrote:
> On 20/04/12 08:33, stuart yeates wrote:
> [..]
>> I would also like to rename:
>>
>> P5/Source/Guidelines/*/DI-PrintDictionaries.xml

>> P5/Source/Guidelines/*/DI-Dictionaries.xml
>>
>> because this chapter covers born-digital dictionaries too.

I don't think changing the filename of this chapter is warranted as yet.
There was some discussion about extending its coverage so as to deliver
more specifically on the promise made in its first chapter that its
content could also be applied to non-print dictionaries, but so far that
extension  hasn't happened yet. Unless and until it does, I think this
change would be a needless additional complication, needlessly messing
up links to the chapter (of which there are probably many more than
there are links to its component sections).

People use the content  of the msDescription chapter to describe things
that aren't manuscripts too.