[tei-council] Fwd: Re: Council meals at Ann Arbor Meeting

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 17 14:03:38 EDT 2012

Just to forward on Sarah's latest message:

====
Hey there!  Group meals are no problem.  Kevin and/or Paul should
submit
a receipt & a list of who attended the meal.  There are
instructions for
that in the reimbursement form
(http://www.tei-c.org/Admin/TEI_travel_form.pdf).  And, of
course, that
meal shouldn't be counted towards anyone else's expenses!

For the rate, we've used the 70% formula for other locations, but
the
sticking point is probably that the other locations were non-U.S.
  But,
if the reality is that daily meal costs are in fact closer to
$56, then
I think we should use that.  The formula isn't really written in
stone,
and while there is a time & a place for a $5 Subway sandwich for
dinner,
this is perhaps not that time & place.  It would work out to:

For Ann Arbor,  $56
Breakfast | 25% = $14
Lunch | 35% = $20
Dinner | 40% = $22

If this still doesn't reflect reality in the mean streets of Ann
Arbor,
we should revisit it.  Of course, we're assuming that you aren't
having
hummingbird tongues for lunch and flamingo chops for dinner.  I
mean, we
all know that the Council is where it's happening, so I kinda
envision
you guys as hanging out in a biker bar, slurping down cheap beer &
burgers and comparing your tatoos. Right?

Yrs,
Sarah