[tei-council] Fwd: Re: Google Books > TEI

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 9 12:30:56 EST 2012

On 07/03/12 18:48, Ranjith Unnikrishnan wrote:
> I'm looking for formal justification from you for our producing
> and making TEI files available for download on Google Books. Both
> require our commitment of several resources for the long term eg.
> for updating and maintaining code, making necessary changes in
> our processing pipeline, maintaining the download functionality
> for the lifetime of Google Books, committing to the extra storage
> space and computation etc. I have some anecdotal knowledge of why
> TEI is important, and have already spent a substantial amount of
> personal time writing the code and vetting the converted TEI
> output along with various interested parties; so we know it is
> possible and obviously I have an interest in seeing this all the
> way through. But since this will be "product"-level decision,
> there are others who will need to be convinced and will ask the
> big questions such as:

Hi Ranjith,

I'm more than happy to work with you in coming up with some
executive summary kind of answers to these questions if that will
help. How about I share a google doc with you and some of the
others of the ad hoc working group.

> Hope that makes sense. I'm just trying to move this effort
> forward with your input.

We really appreciate that and all your hard work. We're more than
happy to work with you in any way to benefit TEI users.

I'll share a google doc link from my gapps account soon.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,