[tei-council] PR for TEI in Google Books (was Re: some brief reports to save time during our upcoming conf call)

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 5 05:43:59 EST 2012

For what it's worth, although Council may not have reached a conclusion,
I am very much in favour of preparing to publicize this event.

Even in the worst-case scenario where the TEI produced by Google is
really really bad (or contains bad OCR), the fact that TEI is a format
chosen to encode many many thousands of public domain texts is something
that we can and should make a loud noise about. (And even if it's so
bad, (a) that isn't our fault, and (b) hopefully someone will work to
improve it.)

In short: +1

--
Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Research Associate in Digital Epigraphy)

Department of Digital Humanities
King's College London
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL