[tei-council] some brief reports to save time during our upcoming conf call

Stuart A. Yeates syeates at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 14:11:29 EST 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Kevin Hawkins
<kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info> wrote:
> = Google Books =
> The importance of this for the TEI's PR can't really be understated.
> We, or the Board, might want to give some thought about whether to do
> anything more once Google deloys this code than simply announce it on
> TEI-L with shouts of hurrah/hooray/huzzah.

I think it might be productive to have a few paragraphs contrasting
TEI texts and underlying openness to the closed and propriety nature
of formats currently in use by Amazon and OverDrive.

I'm happy to write these, maybe with Kevin giving me some feedback?

cheers
stuart