[tei-council] for 28 Feb. conf call: background on Best Practice for TEI in Libraries

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Feb 19 18:02:29 EST 2012

On 19 Feb 2012, at 20:26, James Cummings wrote:

> If the idea of the council maintaining this BP was presented to
> the Board, I would not feel I was doing my duty if I did not
> present the Council's position on this to the Board.

fair do's.

Speaking for the implementation side of it, I think we need to
bear in mind that the BPs are not Exemplars
like most of what we have, so I suggest it would not make sense for them
to show up in Roma, for example. Maybe we need to maintain
a separate family of Canned Schemas, containing Lite and Tite
at present, distinct from the Exemplars.

It could be a useful exercise for that Sunday afternoon in Michigan
for one of us to sit down and understand how the oXygen TEI framework
is put together, so we can get the templates there better under our control.
--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente