[tei-council] Release process documentation

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 13 13:52:26 EST 2012

On 13 Feb 2012, at 18:40, Lou Burnard wrote:

> Personally, I find it very useful to be able to do a test build on my
> local machine before committing changes. The chances that some other
> change will have taken place that might affect the parts I am messing
> with, although not neglible, is still less than the probability that I
> will have messed up those parts in some embarrassingly obvious way which
> I'd rather not expose to the rest of the developer community :-)

Yes indeed, me too. And its vitally important that the build process
be entirely open and reproducible by relatively ordinary people.

Worth remembering that the Jinxes do more than validating. They also
assemble and package deliverables, doing things that most
people can't be bothered with, and running over the tedious tests
like validating all the separate HTML files generated.

--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente