[tei-council] Release process documentation

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Feb 13 11:29:22 EST 2012

Hi Piotr,

I thought about this, but there is some risk that a local installation
of the TEI infrastructure might not be fully updated. Sebastian releases
regular updates to the Debian and Oxygen packages, and obviously keeps
his Jenkins server updated; he also informs me about any changes such as
new packages which need to be added, and I try to keep mine in sync too,
so the two act as a check on each other.

If someone did a local build, and encountered errors, they wouldn't
necessarily know whether the errors were caused by their local install
of TEI being slightly out of sync, or whether the errors were real. So
on balance, relying on the Jinks servers (especially now there are two
of them) seems the more solid option.