[tei-council] New document describing release steps

stuart yeates syeates at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 21:17:55 EST 2012

On 03/02/12 17:42, Martin Holmes wrote:
> Following my thrilling day of first-times (first time releasing TEI,
> first time retweeting someone else's tweet, first time using IRC), I've
> put together a more detailed set of instructions for future release
> technicians:
>
> <http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw22.xml>

The line:

svn log -r {2011-12-12}:{2012-02-12}

can be replaced by the slightly simpler:

svn log -r {2011-12-14}:HEAD

which requires only one date to be filled.

---

Could the line:

./tei-install.sh --package=TEIP5 --version=X.X.X --sfuser=username

not be simplified by having the script look in P5/VERSION for the
version number? Then it'd be one less thing with a chance to go wrong /
out of sync.

---

It's not 100% clear to me which machine steps 9 and 11 are executed on.

---

Other than that it looks really good.

cheers
stuart