[tei-council] Next Release; Codename: GroundHog Day

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 2 05:14:39 EST 2012

On 02/02/12 09:57, James Cummings wrote:

> I believe Becky is arguing that it should be target not type.

And I was slower than Lou in pointing it out, and indeed fixing
it in SVN.

On the topic of TEI Guidelines releases over the last couple days
I've updated tcw20.xml with a list of steps for a 'release
technician', who is the person in charge of making the release
(in this case Martin), with a list of steps that the technician
must ensure are completed.

Martin, Sebastian, and I have talked through some of them which
are a bit vague at the moment (like "Ensure that the oxygen-tei
project is updated"), but if I've left out any steps do please
let me know (or add them to the list if you are able). We may
break out 'How to release the TEI Guidelines' as a separate
document from its current place in 'How to edit the TEI
Guidelines' eventually.

As it is about 10am here that means it is about 2am in Vancouver.
When Martin wakes up (this afternoon for my timezone) he will
begin going through those steps.  *If* all goes smoothly then I
*believe* that this may be the first release of TEI P5 that has
not been pushed live by someone affiliated in some way with
Oxford. (Correct me if I'm wrong Lou?)  If that is indeed the
case I'd like to include it in the announcement to TEI-L as an
indication of how the TEI is becoming increasingly a distributed
open source project, etc.  (Not that it wasn't before but it is
good if it is seen as such.)

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,