[tei-council] Ann Arbor spring meeting

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 04:54:28 EST 2012

On 25/01/12 23:01, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> I think we're in a situation where no one is prepared to unilaterally
> declare which days are the official working days of the Council meeting.

I think you'll find I am.

As I suggested before, but will now do in my detail I believe the
schedule should be as follows:

Sunday: TEI Hackfest (optional: those that are there promise to
dedicate their time to do things that are useful to the TEI)
Monday: Meeting Day 1
Tuesday: Meeting Day 2
Wednesday: Meeting Day 3 with early departure. (Those that need
to leave, try to stay until at least noon.

I would _only_ suggest those people who achieve a significant
saving to come earlier (i.e. those getting penalised for not
including a saturday). The saving must be more than an extra
night's hotel and per diem of food.

Are there any serious objections to that? Remember that the more
we spend the less money is left over for funding things like a
potential web-Roma2 implementation.

> days.  I live closer to the university than Paul or Becky, so I don't
> mind opening the meeting room on Sunday and hanging out with whoever
> joins me there.

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate that. I certainly will be there (and
from the sounds of it some others).

I've put up a doodle for people to record what nights they will
need hotel. This will be useful for Becky if doing a block
booking, and/or all of us to know who is arriving/departing when.
  Since I'm arriving on the Sat and leaving on the Wednesday,
I've checked Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues Nights. Could everyone needing
hotel fill it out?

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,