[tei-council] Ann Arbor spring meeting

Rebecca Welzenbach rwelzenbach at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 09:01:49 EST 2012

Hi all,

As Kevin has suggested, it should be no problem to book our meeting
room for Sunday, in case those who have arrived want to use it.

I'm working now with the Bell Tower Inn
(http://www.belltowerhotel.com/) to reserve a group of rooms. There's
a discount (about 15%) if the rooms are paid for by the University of
Michigan instead of by individuals--I'm working on whether we can get
approval to do this. However, if several people expect to stay for
some extra, un-reimbursed time, or arrive and depart on different
days, this might be too complicated to handle as a single transaction.

Based on the discussion above, it looks to me like there are now a
maximum of five nights eligible for reimbursement: Saturday, April 14
through Wednesday, April 18 (checking out Thursday morning). Is that
right, or are we dropping Wednesday in exchange for Saturday, and not
reimbursing for any stay after Tuesday night? (Or allowing four
nights, *either* Saturday, *or* Wednesday?)

I'm making plans based on our needing seven rooms--please let me know
if I've missed anyone or if plans have suddenly changed and you don't
expect to come:
* James Cummings
* Lou Burnard
* Piotr Banski
* Sebastian Rahtz
* Brett Barney
* Gabriel Bodard
* Martin Holmes

If you could reply, adding your expected arrival and departure dates
after your name, that will help me with securing accommodations.

Becky