[tei-council] namespaces and customization

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 4 07:08:35 EST 2012

On 4 Jan 2012, at 11:16, Lou Burnard wrote:

> However, it leaves us with an outstanding requirement: how do I say
> "this new element in this name space is cloned from an existing TEI
> element but has these modifications"?  This is not an unreasonable
> requirement. We could say "tough, you have to copy the existing spec and
> tweak it" but that won't win us any friends.

ah, now if we had a requirements document for ODD,
we'd be in a lot stronger position. But lets make what we've got now
internally consistent. If you agree with my interpretation of elementSpec/@ns,
then the Gidlines example is very very misleading (not _wrong_, exactly...)

which of us wrote that passage which confused Kevin? it talks
about how to add an element to att.typed as an example, but
fails to point out that this makes the doc non-TEI (or so some
of us claim).

--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente