[tei-council] namespaces and customization

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 4 05:49:05 EST 2012

On 4 Jan 2012, at 00:30, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> I was just using the example given in P5 section 23.2.1.4 (#MDMDAL).  I
> didn't want to confuse the matter by introducing a different use case.
>
> However, if @type on <eg> is nonsensical, then I think a revision of
> 32.2.1.4 is in order.

I looked at 33.2.1 today, and see that the relevant example is

<elementSpec
  ident="eg"
  module="tagdocs"
  mode="change"
  ns="http://example.com/ns">
 <classes mode="change">
  <memberOf key="att.typed"/>
 </classes>
</elementSpec>

which is a bit worrying, as a) it does not work, and b) is probably barking up the wrong tree.
do we really think we can move <eg> to a different namespace like this, in
change mode?

but the ostensible reading there _does_ say that the changed <eg> will not be in
the TEI namespace....

I am looking to see why it does not work.

--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente