[tei-council] Feedback on the genetic encoding proposals in TEI P5 v2.0.0

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 19 17:37:26 EST 2011

I've now checked in a set of revisions which follows most of your
recommendations and, I think, considerably improves the draft. The only
major thing I have left out of your proposals is the suggestion to add a
different example (the Helena ms), which I have done for the following
reasons: firstly,  the graphic is very hard to read -- I really cannot
see the der/den substitution your encoding identified; secondly I don't
have any bibliographic data about this ms; thirdly I am not sure the
proposed encoding  adds very much to what has already been said, except
that it is a real example of course.

Thanks again. These modifications should appear in 2.0.1, which we
expect to appear (just) before Christmas.