[tei-council] updating TCW20

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Sun Dec 18 19:58:52 EST 2011

I hate to say it, but I think that this discussion needs to be moved off
of the tei-council list. We are moving into a territory that has
security implications for tei-c.org (discussion of user accounts,
permissions, filesystem paths, etc.), and this shouldn't be available on
an email list with open-access archives.

We can either have a subset of Council continue this discussion offline.
Or, possibly a better solution, I could create a new Virginia-hosted
list called something like "TEI-council-secure" that would have archives
available only via password to current list members.

What do you people think?

David

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, James Cummings wrote:

> Nope, entirely different login needed.
>
> Might it make sense to have a 'teicouncil' account whose login details
> could  be passed to the 'release technician' (perhaps a better term for
> the person overseeing a release than 'pumpkin holder'?) for each release?
>
> -James
>
> On 18/12/11 23:11, Martin Holmes wrote:
>> I've tried ssh-ing into tei-c.org with my CMS login, but I can't get in.
>> Presumably some other account is needed? Of am I trying to log into the
>> wrong server?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Martin

>>> the account needs write access to /project/tei (vel sim), so not sure.
>>> try editing stuff in the Vault there to test
>>>
>>> the tei-install.sh script is pretty simple - have a read and see
>>> what it does.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Stormageddon Rahtz
>>> Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services
>>> 13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN. Phone +44 1865 283431
>>>
>>> Sólo le pido a Dios
>>> que el futuro no me sea indiferente
>>>

> --
> Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,
> Computing Services, University of Oxford

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA