[tei-council] CDATA islands in <egXML>

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Dec 8 18:37:14 EST 2011

I'm going to stay away from stuff in TD for the moment, because the
potential for use-mention errors is huge, what with documenting the
documentation of documents and tags for the tagging of tags and suchlike.

I think I'm going to file a longer-term ticket to suggest a careful
trawl through all our <egXML> and <eg> tags. Many of them look to be
survivals from a previous state when @valid didn't exist, but messing
with them at this late stage, except when they're obviously
straightforward, might not be wise. It's the kind of thing where you
don't quite know what's going to happen until you try it, and let
Jenkins have at it.

I've just filed a couple of other tickets intended for after "2.0.0
Laurentian" is released, and I think this would make another good one.

On 11-12-08 03:11 PM, James Cummings wrote:

> There are some eg's containing egXML wrapped in CDATA in TD I believe. What about those?
> Should those be egXML wrapped egXML?
>
> Jamesc
> --
> James Cummings, InfoDev, OUCS, University of Oxford (via phone)
>
> Sebastian Rahtz<sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk>  wrote:
>

> valid="false" should be fine. So long as its well-formed XML. we have an example of this in TS already.
> --
> Stormageddon Rahtz
> Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services
>
> Sólo le pido a Dios
> que el futuro no me sea indiferente

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)