[tei-council] egXML and http://purl.org/tei/fr/3156049

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 4 15:06:05 EST 2011

I'm starting to work on http://purl.org/tei/fr/3156049

And I want to add an example of <egXML> in usage. I notice that in TD
other uses of <egXML> as an example are escaped as CDATA inside <eg>
which means, I suppose, that we aren't validating the <egXML> (but since
this allows any XML, what other than well-formness would we validate? It
strikes me that this is inconsistent though and maybe we should look to
change it.

The example I was going to provide is:

<eg><![CDATA[
<egXML xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/Examples"
xmlns:tei="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0">
   <list>
Examples namespace</item>
     <list tei:rend="collapsed">
valid</item>
provided</item>
     </list>
     </item>
used for recording how parts of the example was rendered.</item>
     </list>
</egXML>
]]>
</eg>

To demonstrate the use of @tei:rend inside teiX:egXML to indicate
rendering of the example in the source (if it had one).

Does this seem reasonable?

I'll also be correcting the valItems for @valid and recommending the use
of @tei:rend in egXML as above.

-James