[tei-council] Chapter PH (11) now available for final proofreading

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Nov 26 17:57:02 EST 2011

On 26/11/11 20:14, Lou Burnard wrote:
> I will try to make all figures consistently tagged, but whether that
> will have the right effect on output seems less certain

At least they will be consistent... ;-)

>> 11.8:
>> - Example needed for<gb/>   both here and on its reference page.
> please suggest one.

Why not something simple like:
<gb n="2" type="quire"/>
<pb n="10r" type="folio"/>

to indicate the beginning of the second quire shortly before the start
of the tenth folio.

>> 11.8.2:
>> "The most common form of marking of text in manuscripts is by lines
>> written under..."
>> - Why are we specifying manuscripts here? PH is about primary sources of
>> all types. I'm sure I could chisel through an inscription...
>>

> eh? again, please could you suggest what needs changing here

It seems to imply to me that we are only talking about manuscripts.
Primary sources may be printed or otherwise produced and still have
lines (added by hand later or printed at the same time, etc.)

I'd suggest removing the words 'in manuscripts', that is all.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,