[tei-council] Consistency in attribute values

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at inria.fr
Fri Nov 25 09:00:44 EST 2011

Like said in another post, I think the value "url" is misleading (as to its semantics). If I put http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00390966 in an idno, I would encode this as:
<idno type="HAL">http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00390966</idno>
and do the same with an arXiv reference, etc.
If on the contrary, the pointer is of the type "last retrieved from..." where the link has no other value as being a pointer to a page, place where the paper could be found, than I would definitely use
<ref target="http://www.mholmes.com/cv/cv_web.xml"/>

Laurent Romary
INRIA & HUB-IDSL
laurent.romary at inria.fr