[tei-council] Strange example

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Nov 22 20:27:51 EST 2011

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me why this example has an empty skeleton
<altIdentifier> at the end of it?

<msIdentifier>
   <country>France</country>
   <settlement>Paris</settlement>
   <repository xml:lang="fre">Bibliothèque nationale de France. Réserve
des livres rares></repository>
   <idno>RES P- YC- 1275</idno>
<!-- dans le cas des recueils : cote uniquement sans les sous-cotes -->
   <altIdentifier>
    <idno>Y. 1341</idno>
    <note>Cote de la Bibliothèque royale au XVIIIe s. (Catalogue de
1750).</note>
   </altIdentifier>
   <altIdentifier>
    <idno/>
    <note/>
   </altIdentifier>
  </msIdentifier>

You'll find it in msDesc.xml. I think it's confusing and probably
erroneous, and if no-one disagrees, I'll get rid of it.

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)