[tei-council] signed/list

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 20 13:22:44 EST 2011

On 20 Nov 2011, at 18:14, Martin Holmes wrote:

> I find both <opener> and <closer> very useful, as ways of bracketing off
> a lot of textual content that I might not be interested in when doing,
> for instance, text analysis. If I was to pull out all the text written
> by James Douglas in his despatches between 1854 and 1858, for instance,
> to do something Hooverian with it, I typically want to ignore all the
> formulaic salutes, address lines, signatures etc. that precede and
> follow the meat of the despatch.

then why not pull out the formulaic salutes, address lines, signatures
as they are? I can see its a _bit_ easier having a <closer> around them.
now if you said you just wanted <closer> to mask off all that end-of-div
stuff, without bothering to distinguish salutes and signature, I'd have more
interest. Still, I see your point.

--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente