[tei-council] using <stage>

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at inria.fr
Sat Nov 19 01:58:55 EST 2011

I don't feel at ease seeing a profusion of typed equivalences to stage (hi/@type='stage', head/@type='stage') which may just lead encoders to confusions and hinder transparent interchange of such construct. In the TEI ontology stage has of course been naturally issued from the drama domain but can as well be used at any place where the object at hand +is+ a stage direction (that's why we call these things didacalies in French, they trace the presence of a master of ceremony in the flow of the text; a play being just a big bunch of stage directions, by the way)