[tei-council] using <stage>

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 10:27:19 EST 2011

On 18/11/11 15:22, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> so do we allow model.stageLike in<head>, or catch this in conversion and rewrite as<head type="stage">, do we think?
>
> am keen to clear up these little TCP niceties...
> --

My preference would definitely be for <head type="stage">

In my experience of these things (and as Paul says they are very
frequent) the name of the person is often that of an actor rather than
of a character in the play. Which tips the balance in favour of <head>
for me, but maybe I am being over subtle. (And yes, I have read the
Tempest.)