[tei-council] soft deprecation of @key: URIs vs. URNs

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 13 16:57:29 EST 2011

On 13 Nov 2011, at 21:04, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> Regarding my commment, I don't feel confident that I'm recommending the
> right thing.  Who could I call on to help us sort out whether a URI with
> a non-registered Scheme or a URN with a non-registered Namespace
> Identifier is better?  Perhaps a friend of the TEI outside of Council?

I tried it at work when we first went round this mulberry bush, and got
quite a lot of interest from the computer sciency types, but no magic answer.
We ended up with the former (URI with a non-registered Scheme) as
being  slightly less abusive, hence the tei:.

--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente