[tei-council] tcp-ism changes in P5

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 11 18:29:36 EST 2011

Hoping to get this issue 90% put to bed,
I have constructed a test file, visible at http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5/ws/Test/testecco.xml,
needed to make that valid. After some mucking about, the Guidelines now build end to end,
and will including validation of this file in the test process from now on.

I think the changes to postscript, sp and floatingText are not controversial. But
<head> looks vile, and <figure> even worse. I think Lou is probably best placed
to come back to <figure> and try to find a more elegant solution, but maybe
someone else could look at <head> and see if they can improve it.

Paul and Rebecca, if you could enhance that testecco file with any or all
constructs which you think will be problematic (preferably with real examples),
that would be most helpful. I just did made-up ones for <figure>, for example.
It is worth getting that file right, and then using it to put examples back
in the text of the constructs we now support.
--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente