[tei-council] New subst

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Nov 11 11:41:06 EST 2011

The new subst is now modelled at:
<http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5-Documentation/lastStableBuild/artifact/Guidelines-web/en/html/ref-subst.html>

I have a question about the note at the very end of the page ("Although
a substitution may contain any mixture of additions and deletions, there
should be an addition for each deletion bearing the same sequence
number.") I never really understood this (does "sequence number" refer
to @seq, or something else? to what does "same" apply?), and I think I
possibly do even less now. Should we eliminate this note, perhaps to be
replaced with a cross-reference to the new substJoin for more complex
substitutions? Or, if someone thinks it still applies, could you explain
to me what it means? (I think we should rephrase it, at the very least.)

Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Research Associate in Digital Epigraphy)

Department of Digital Humanities
King's College London
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL